How will it look for each year group
Focus – Creating a vision and developing fundamental skills for life
* Assisting pupils to create strong foundation in order to cope with academic and non-academic challenges ahead.
* Building an understanding of skills for life through PSHE lessons e.g. financial Management
* Create a visionary board on Careers
* Candidates for form reps and sports captains deliver a ‘WHY ME’ speech to form
* Goal Setting through Career North and Aspire to achieve
* Career Quiz – Who am I? (questions which help determine a person’s personality that link to career choices)
* Letters of application for Interviews for librarians.
Focus – Developing a sense of personal identity and careers awareness
* Year 8 – Introductions to Connexions (classroom activities)
* Year 8 – One to one meetings with connexions
* Year 8 - to attend Have a go skills event
* Year 8 -to attend Hargreaves open day
* Year 8 – How does technology impact on Careers – Hewlett Packard
* Year 8 -Pupils’ complete dislikes and likes section on New Kudos prior to options.
* Year 9 - Letters of application for Interviews for Peer Mentors
* Year 9’s - Attend St Monica’s Enterprise Event & Year 9 Business Studies – Enterprise programme (TBC)
* Year 9’s - work shadowing day
Focus- Bringing the World of Work to life and truly understanding the next steps after BOSC
* Year 10’s to have the opportunity to participate in work experience (TBC)
* Introduce pupils to a range of post 16 options and encourage them to research pathways using the internet and
careers guidance software.
* Year 10 - personnel statement, CV, Letter of Application, Career Powerpoint and a completed application form completed.
* Year 10 – Group work with Connexions
* Year 10 - Letters of application and Interviews for Prefects and sport leaders.
* Exposure to people in industry through fairs, guest speakers and business partnership.
* Year 10/11 – Attend Bury Careers Event
* Year 10/11 – Guest Speaker on Sport Related Courses from Hopwood Hall, Bolton Wanderers and Bury.
* Year 10/11 – Involved in Apprenticeship Week 14th December (TBC) –events include Guest Speakers from National Apprenticeship Service, Apprenticeship Ambassadors and Hargreaves and Apprenticeship Bus on site.
* Year 10/11 – Involved within the ‘Search and Apply’ Scheme
* Year 11 - An Introduction to labour market information through Career Point (which may help with A-Level/level 3 choices)
* Year 11- One to one meeting with Connexions
* Year 11 – Hargreaves open Day
* Year 11 – Complete Elements of BTEC Workskills – Preparing for an Interview and Interview Techniques
* Year 11 – Guest Colleges deliver Assemblies (Bury, Hopwood Hall, Manchester, Holy Cross)